How to Participate
The following is a list of ways to get involved with the School to Careers (STC) project:
- A video library of short videos feature careers. These videos are
available to Iowa schools through 15 Area Education Agencies (AEAs).
Some of the videos are customized for lower elementary students. Unlimited
duplication rights for educational purposes are offered.
- The STC Web site features a career search database and career related resources for students, parents and teachers.
- "School to Careers Odyssey," a specially produced six-part series highlighting each of the six Career Pathways, is available from Iowa AEAs, and is broadcast on IPTV. Duplication rights exist for educational uses. A teacher guide is available online for the series.
- Professional development workshops and classes, conducted by IPTV
staff, offer practical models for integrating the STC project into curricula
across varying grade levels and multiple disciplines. Professional development
activities are offered to local school districts in Iowa or at the AEAs
for credit during the summer.
- Videoconferencing sessions on the Iowa Communications Network (ICN)